Closure: The Phoenix

Tomorrow marks the fifth anniversary of Bleeding Bruin Blue. The first posts were made on Aug. 6, 2008, but Aug. 8 was the day most of the structure, format, and promotion of the site started. Plus 08/08/08 made a better mnemonic to recall.

On day number 1826 of the blog era, the final day of year number five, it is time to bring that era to a close. This post marks the end of regular, daily, game-by-game recaps on this Blogspot site. Actually, given that it's been nearly nine months since I last logged into this content-management system, that end probably happened some time ago.

I'm thrilled this experiment lasted as long as it did. It's been empowering, enlightening, and just plain fun to chronicle the Bruins for the last half-decade, and given the chance, I'd do it again in a heartbeat. But since I graduated in 2010, I haven't been around Bethany on anything near a daily basis; as of this year, every class I overlapped with has moved on to college. And with no successor in line, it's time to hang up the keyboard.

(If by some strange chance you want to take this on, you know where to find me. But I'm not holding my breath.)

But Bleeding Bruin Blue isn't going away. For one, this site will stay up indefinitely as an archive. Furthermore, we'll remain active on Facebook and Twitter, since those sites are more shareable (and after all, what fun would sports be without a community of like-minded fans?). We'll keep posting scores, stats and schedules, but probably without much commentary and analysis. And we might even post again here if something is too long for those forums.


Good luck and go Bruins!
Tony Miller
Editor Emeritus

No comments: